Northwest Treasures ~ NorthwestRockAndFossil.com ~ firstname.lastname@example.org ~ 425-488-6848
These are just the samples used in the Mineral Identification Made Easy study.
There are over 60 samples in this kit, in addition to a Mohs hardness test kit. All samples are bagged individually and labelled. Samples may vary slightly due to availability.
Included in this collection:
- 12 rock-forming minerals including quartz, muscovite mica, potassium feldspar, sodium feldspar, calcium feldspar, biotite mica, amphibole (hornblende var.), pyroxene (augite var.), jasper, magnetite, calcite, and olivine
- Nine Mohs minerals including talc, gypsum, calcite, fluorite, apatite, feldspar, quartz crystal, topaz and corundum
- 10 minerals illustrating crystal habits including a beryl crystal, fluorite crystal, ruby crystal, calcite crystal, barite rosette, galena crystal, gypsum rosette, magnetite crystal, garnet crystal
- Set of representative minerals for each of the mineral families: silicate family, native element, oxide family, carbonate family, halide family, sulfate family, sulfide family, phosphate family, borate family (9 minerals total)
- The Mohs hardness test kit including instructions, hardness table, white and black streak plates, glass scratch plate, card-stock test strips, magnet and magnifying glass
- 11 basic rock types illustrating their most common characteristic. The set should include 2 plutonic rocks (granite and gabbro), 2 volcanic rocks (basalt and rhyolite), 2 pyroclastic rocks (pumice and tuff), 2 metamorphic rocks (gneiss and quartzite), and 3 sedimentary rocks (sandstone, limestone, and bituminous coal)
- 10 gemstones (in the rough or polished): suggested gemstones – agate, sapphire, emerald, tourmaline, iolite, lapis lazuli, green garnet, aquamarine, lace agate, amethyst
All prices are in US dollars. For international shipping please contact us at email@example.com or 425-488-6848.