Northwest Treasures ~ NorthwestRockAndFossil.com ~ email@example.com ~ 425-488-6848
This study is a wonderful way to introduce your student to these two complementary fields of study, archaeology and geology. The Archaeology Book is color-coded so that you could easily use it with a wider variety of ages, with the child using the pages that are color-coded for his/her age. We also include The Cave Book, to expand your geology study into another fascinating area of geology. Completion of this study is equal to 1 year high school credit in Earth Science. Kit includes:
- The Geology Book by Dr. John Morris
- The Archaeology Book by David Down
- The Cave Book by Emil Silvestru
- Study guides/lesson plans/work sheets/quizzes/tests for The Geology Book and The Archaeology Book.
- 26 rock, mineral, and fossil specimens
- over 10 native American arrowheads and scrapers
The Geology Book by Dr. John Morris – Rocks firmly anchored to the ground and rocks floating through space fascinate us. Jewelry, houses, and roads are just some of the ways we use what has been made from geologic processes to advance civilization. Whether scrambling over a rocky beach, or gazing at spectacular meteor showers, we can’t get enough of geology! Grades 5-12.
The Geology Book will teach you:
- What really carved the Grand Canyon.
- How thick the Earth’s crust is.
- The varied features of the Earth’s surface – from plains to peaks.
- How sedimentary deposition occurs through water, wind, and ice.
- Effects of erosion.
- Ways in which sediments become sedimentary rock.
- Fossilization and the age of the dinosaurs.
- The powerful effects of volcanic activity.
- Continental drift theory.
- Radioisotope and carbon dating.
- Geologic processes of the past.
The Archaeology Book by David Down – Developed with three educational levels in mind, The Archaeology Book takes you on an exciting exploration of history and ancient cultures. You’ll learn both the techniques of the archaeologist and the accounts of some of the richest discoveries of the Middle East that demonstrate the accuracy and historicity of the Bible.
In The Archaeology Book you will unearth:
- How archaeologists know what life was like in the past
- Why broken pottery can tell more than gold or treasure can
- Some of the difficulties in dating ancient artifacts
- How the brilliance of ancient cultures demonstrates God’s creation
- History of ancient cultures, including the Hittites, Babylonians, and Egyptians
- The early development of the alphabet and its impact on discovery
- The numerous archaeological finds that confirm biblical history
- Why the Dead Sea scrolls are considered such a vital breakthrough
Filled with vivid full-color photos, detailed drawings, and maps.
Free downloadable study guide at www.masterbooks.org
The Cave Book by Emil Silvestru – Explore deep into the hidden wonders beneath the surface as cave expert Dr. Emil Silvestru takes you on an illuminating and educational journey through the mysterious world of caves. Discover the beautiful formations, thriving ecology, unique animals, and fragile balance of this little-seen ecosystem in caves from around the globe.
The Cave Book will teach you about:
- A creationary model of how caves form
- A history of how caves have been used by humans for shelter and worship
- How old caves really are
- The surprising world of Neanderthals and their connection to modern humans
- How to make a stone axe and about early tools
- Just how long it really takes for cave formations to form
- Unusual animals that make caves their home
- Examples of how connected caves are to mythology of many cultures
- The Climate and geologic processes and features of caves and karst rocks
- The process by which ice caves form
- Exploration, hazards, and record-setting caves
- How caves form, and features about and below the surface
Filled with beautiful and fascinating color photos of caves from around the world.
All prices are in US dollars. For international shipping please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-488-6848.