Volcanoes, Volcanic Rocks and Earthquakes, NEW 2nd edition, is a comprehensive study in volcanoes and earthquakes from a young earth perspective. It includes a thorough study of volcanoes and volcanic rocks and how to identify them as well as the tie-in with earthquakes. The earth before the Flood is not the earth of today. Volcanoes have had a huge part in sculpting the earth since the Flood. This study is designed to learn how volcanoes fit into a Genesis framework of Earth history.
- Types of eruptions
- Volcanic rocks
- Geysers and other thermal features
- Eruptive events in history
- Volcanic hazards
- Radiometric dating
- The Ice Age
- The Genesis Flood
- Lessons from Mt. St. Helens
- activities, quizzes, final comprehensive exam and answer key
114 pages, soft cover, color textbook with 245 photos, graphs, and charts.
The kit also includes:
- over 30 volcanic rocks and minerals: quartz, muscovite, potassium feldspar, sodium feldspar, jasper, calcite, olivine, biotite mica, magnetite, calcium feldspar, amphibole, pyroxene, cinders, laccolith magma, basalt, vesicular basalt, pahoehoe, A’a’, scoria, dark pumice, ash, tuff, amygdaloidal basalt, olivine in basalt, oxidized basalt, basalt porphyry, rhyolite, perlite, light-colored pumice, obsidian, andesite, vitrophyre, and fault gouge. (Samples may vary with availability.)
- Carrying case
Click on the image to read a short portion form the book.
One semester study. Grades 8-12.
Click here to purchase just the book.
Click here to purchase just the samples.
The Northwest Treasures Curriculum Project~Building faith for a lifetime of faith