Here is your chance to combine two great areas of study – geology and art!
Patrick Nurre of Northwest Treasures is your teacher for the science end of things, and Heather Hall of The Principle Approach® is your art instructor in our new class, The Science and the Art of Geology: Grand Prismatic Spring!
Many homeschooling families experience the joy of learning together. Our courses offer something for all ages to be able to participate in. And just about everyone can learn something from the lessons. And now you can learn about this amazing feature found in Yellowstone National Park, and combine it with a step-by-step art lesson!
This complete online video class on Grand Prismatic Spring includes:
- Self-paced learning
- Video geology lessons
- Video art lessons
- Student learning pages
- Art project
The lesson will also include a tracing/coloring reproducible sheet for those who would like a little more structure, or for littles that would like to participate.
To learn more about the class or to register, click on the button. The class is hosted on the Teachable platform. Price is $19.99.
In addition to this class, check out the additional video classes below. You can also purchase them as a bundle. Click on the links below to purchase individual classes.
You can purchase the complete bundled class here:
You will need to supply the following art materials for these classes (this is also posted in the class curricula):
Paint Brushes (All Media):
- No. 16 Round or 10 Round
- No. 2 Round
- No. 6 Flat
- No. 2 Flat
- Detail brush (optional)
- Watercolor cake pallet
- White acrylic
Watercolor Paper (either):
- Canson or
- Container with water to rinse off brushes
- Masking tape for taping down the paper
- New toothbrush for painting only (optional for splattering effect)
- Paper towels
- Printer to print the notebook pages
- Scissors or page trimmer to trim watercolor paper down to 8.5″ x 11″
- 3-ring binder to file the notebook pages and art
Student Grade supplies are used in the tutorials. This is what Heather Hall uses in the videos:
- Royal Langnickel All Media Long Handle brushes (Walmart)
- Grumbacher watercolor paper (Walmart)
- Canson watercolor paper (Michaels w/coupon and teacher discount) when it is available.
- Artist Loft watercolor cake pallet (Michaels)
- Craft Smart white acrylic paint (any off brand will do)
- Scotch masking tape (store versions don’t stick well)
Return policy: You may return this product for any reason within 14-days from date of purchase. Please contact us at email@example.com.
There are no reviews yet.