This is just the samples and the Mohs hardness test kit for the Rocks and Minerals, the Stuff of the Earth study.
If you would like to order the complete Rocks and Minerals, the Stuff of the Earth kit, which includes these samples, the Mohs hardness test kit, and the textbook, click here.
If you would like to order just the textbook, click here.
This set includes over 60 rock and mineral samples and a Mohs hardness test kit:
- 8 crystals illustrating crystal habits (selection depends on availability)
- 9 Mohs minerals (talc, gypsum, calcite, fluorite, apatite, feldspar, quartz, topaz and corundum)
- 12 metamorphic rocks (gneiss, schist, slate, phyllite, serpentinite, steatite, amphibolite, quartzite, greenstone, marble, anthracite, and hornfels)
- 4 plutonic rocks (gabbro, diorite, granodiorite and granite)
- 12 rock-forming minerals (quartz, calcite, potassium feldspar, sodium feldspar, muscovite mica, jasper, olivine, amphibole, pyroxene, calcium feldspar, magnetite, biotite mica) (see picture above)
- 13 sedimentary rocks (shale, siltstone, sandstone, breccia, arkose, conglomerate, limestone, travertine, coquina, fossil limestone, chalk, halite, bituminous coal)
- 9 volcanic rocks (basalt, rhyolite, dacite, andesite, obsidian, scoria, pumice, tuff, vesicular basalt)
- Mohs hardness test kit including 2 streak plates (white and black), scratch plate, and magnet)
All prices are in US dollars. For international shipping please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-488-6848.
There are no reviews yet.