Rocks and Minerals for Little Eyes is the first in our “Little Eyes” curriculum series, designed just for the younger crowd, PreK-3rd grades. It guides your young child through the rock types, reinforcing the Biblical view of how they came to be. Teaching our kids to study the rocks in light of what God has spoken will give them a solid foundation for trusting God’s word in the future as they are challenged again and again. The study is conversational, drawing in both the child and parent.
Kids are naturally drawn to rocks. Let’s build off of that interest by telling them the whole story – not just the Sunday morning portion of it.
This study includes:
- 11 lessons
- The Creation of the Earth
- The Flood
- What is the Earth made of?
- Minerals, Elements and the Crust of the Earth
- Rocks Are Made of Minerals
- What are the Differences Between the Rocks?
- The Types of Rocks – Plutonic
- The Types of Rocks – Volcanic
- The Types of Rocks – Metamorphic
- The Types of Rocks – Sedimentary
- 19 activities
- Soft bound
- Full color
- 54 pages
The Kit also includes:
- 12 rock-forming minerals
- Over 20 extra-large rock samples – most are 2-2.5 inches across in size, or more. We make them this large, as this is a great learning tool for the kids, and the samples fit their small hands! Click on the images above to see the types of samples that are in this kit. Samples include: quartz, amphibole, pyroxene, galena, calcium feldspar, biotite mica, magnetite (iron) olivine, galena, muscovite mica, potassium feldspar, sodium feldspar, jasper, calcite, gabbro, granite, granodiorite, pegmatite, basalt, rhyolite, obsidian, pumice, scoria, gneiss, phyllite, quartzite, slate, shale, sandstone, limestone (3 different samples). Samples are bagged and color-coded.
- ABCs cards of rock and mineral specimens
- Carrying case
Would you like to take a look at a lesson? Click on the image.
You can order just the book here.
You can order just the samples here.
Printed in the USA.
All prices are in US dollars. For international shipping please contact us at email@example.com or 425-488-6848.