Explore the great state of Washington! Designed with middle school through high school in mind, but it is a great family kit, too.
Please note: We do not put a time frame on this study, as it is basically exploratory. If you intend it for high school credit, please consult your state requirements.
This kit includes:
- Roadside Geology of Washington (Although an evolutionary book, this guide is an excellent source for finding where the rocks are located. It is an indispensable tool in my rockhounding supplies.)
- Rock Identification Field Guide, by Patrick Nurre
- Gem Trails of Washington
- Gold and Gems Map, Then and Now – Washington
- Patrick Nurre’s monograph covering the main geological features of Washington from a Biblical perspective (3-hole drilled)
- Over 30 rocks, minerals and fossils from Washington’s geology with explanation and locations
- Piece of genuine Ellensburg Blue Agate
- Carrying case
We may have to substitute different books for the titles listed above, according to availability. But the materials covered will be similar.