If you are wanting to explore the fantastic geology of the state of Utah, this is a great way to do it, with the tools you need to study this geologically diverse state, from a Biblical perspective. Designed with middle school through high school in mind, but it is a great family kit, too!
In addition to the geology of the state, this kit also includes a focus on the five national parks of Utah: Bryce, Canyonlands, Arches, Zion, and Capitol Reef.
Please note: We do not put a time frame on this study, as it is basically exploratory. If you intend it for high school credit, please consult your state requirements.
This kit includes:
- Rock Identification Field Guide by Patrick Nurre
- Roadside Geology of Utah (Although an evolutionary book, this guide is an excellent source for finding where the rocks are located. It is an indispensable tool in my rockhounding supplies.)
- Patrick Nurre’s monograph covering the main geological features of Utah from a Biblical perspective (3-hole drilled)
- Over 25 rocks, fossils and minerals from Utah with explanation and locations
- A genuine topaz – the state gemstone of Utah
- Carrying case
We may have to substitute different books for the titles listed above, according to availability. But the material covered will be similar.