If you are wanting to explore the fantastic geology of the state of Utah, this is a great way to do it, with the tools you need to study this geologically diverse state, from a Biblical perspective. Designed with middle school through high school in mind, but it is a great family kit, too!
Please note: We do not put a time frame on this study, as it is basically exploratory. If you intend it for high school credit, please consult your state requirements.
This kit includes:
- Your Guide to Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks (from a Creationist perspective)
- Gem Trails of Utah (guide book to the trails)
- Rock Identification Field Guide by Patrick Nurre
- Roadside Geology of Utah (Although an evolutionary book, this guide is an excellent source for finding where the rocks are located. It is an indispensable tool in my rockhounding supplies.)
- 3-ring binder covering the main geological features of Utah from a Biblical perspective
- Over 25 rocks, fossils and minerals from Utah with explanation and locations
- A genuine topaz – the state gemstone of Utah
- Carrying case
We may have to substitute different books for the titles listed above, according to availability. But the material covered will be similar.