All you need to enjoy your rockhounding excursions in beautiful South Dakota! Designed with middle school through high school in mind, but it is a great family kit, too!
Please note: We do not put a time frame on this study, as it is basically exploratory. If you intend it for high school credit, please consult your state requirements.
This kit includes:
- Roadside Geology of South Dakota (Although an evolutionary book, this guide is an excellent source for finding where the rocks are located. It is an indispensable tool in my rockhounding supplies.)
- Patrick Nurre’s monograph covering the main geological features of South Dakota and the Midwest from a Biblical perspective (3-hole drilled)
- Fossil Identification Field Guide by Patrick Nurre
- Rock Identification Field Guide by Patrick Nurre
- Mineral guide for the Midwest US
- Over 20 specimens of rocks, minerals, and fossils, including a rose quartz specimen, hadrosaur bone, triceratops bone, brontethere bone, oriodont bone, and turtle shell (all fossils are real).
We may have to substitute different books for the titles listed above, according to availability. But they will cover similar material.