Discover the wonders of the Treasure State! Designed with middle school through high school in mind, but it is a great family kit, too.
Please note: We do not put a time frame on this study, as it is basically exploratory. If you intend it for high school credit, please consult your state requirements.
- The Roadside Geology of Montana (Although an evolutionary book, this guide is an excellent source for finding where the rocks are located. It is an indispensable tool in my rockhounding supplies.)
- Patrick Nurre’s monograph covering the main geological features of Montana from a Biblical perspective (3-hole drilled)
- Rock Identification Field Guide by Patrick Nurre
- Fossil Identification Field Guide by Patrick Nurre
- Over 30 rock, mineral, and fossil samples, including the Montana sapphire
- Montana Gold and Gems Map
- Carrying case
We may have to substitute other books for the titles listed above, according to availability. But they will cover similar material.