Continuing on in our state series, here is Idaho! This kit is perfect for those road trips around the state, helping you to find and identify the treasures of Idaho. Designed with middle school through high school in mind, but it is a great family kit, too!
Please note: We do not put a time frame on this study, as it is basically exploratory. If you intend it for high school credit, please consult your state requirements.
This kit contains:
- Roadside Geology of Idaho (This book is evolutionary in its outlook, but it does give the locations of the highways and byways to help you find the samples you are looking for.)
- Gold and Gem Maps of Idaho
- Gem Trails of Idaho (guide book)
- Silver Mining in Wallace (history)
- Rock Identification Field Guide by Patrick Nurre
- Patrick Nurre’s monograph covering the main geological features of Idaho from a Biblical perspective (3-hole drilled)
- Over 18 beautiful samples from Idaho (Samples may vary from those shown above, but will include samples like agates, zinc ore, garnets, shale, feldspar, granite, and silver ore.)
- Carrying case
We may have to substitute different books for the titles listed above, according to availability. But they will cover similar material.