Study the Rocky Mountain State outdoors! This kit gives you the maps, the explanations, and the rock, mineral, and fossil samples necessary to explore this great state. Designed with middle school through high school in mind, but it is a great family kit, too!
Please note: We do not put a time frame on this study, as it is basically exploratory. If you intend it for high school credit, please consult your state requirements.
This kit includes:
- Roadside Geology of Colorado (Although an evolutionary book, this guide is an excellent source for finding where the rocks are located. It is an indispensable tool in my rockhounding supplies.)
- Rockhounding Colorado (a guide to specific locations to rockhound)
- Rock Identification Field Guide by Patrick Nurre
- Fossil Identification Field Guide by Patrick Nurre
- Colorado Rocks and Minerals Guide
- Over 25 rocks, minerals and fossils from Colorado geology with explanations and locations
- Patrick Nurre’s monograph covering the main geological features of Colorado from a Biblical perspective (3-hole drilled)
- Carrying case
We may have to substitute other books for the titles listed above, according to availability. But they will cover similar material.