Arizona has some amazing wonders when it comes to geology. You can explore some of them with this kit. Designed with middle school through high school in mind, but it is a great family kit, too!
Please note: We do not put a time frame on this study. It is basically an exploratory kit. If you intend it for high school credit, please consult your state requirements.
The kit includes:
- Roadside Geology of Arizona (Although an evolutionary book, this guide is an excellent source for finding where the rocks are located. It is an indispensable tool in my rockhounding supplies.)
- Guide to the Grand Canyon National Park (from a Creationist perspective)
- Gold and Gems Map, Then and Now
- Rock Identification Field Guide by Patrick Nurre
- 3-ring binder covering the main geological features of Arizona from a Biblical perspective
- 50 rocks, fossils and minerals from Arizona’s geology with explanation and locations
- Carrying case
Please be aware that book titles may change according to availability. Books will, however, be similar to those that are listed above.