Ocean Geology – what a great way to explore two subjects the kids just love – oceans, and fossils of the great sea creatures! This study focuses on the geology of the ocean floor, including the rocks, underwater volcanoes, and more, including some of the mysterious deep sea creatures, as found in the fossils. For middle school through high school, this is a wonderful kit for those young inquiring minds to explain these wonders from a Genesis point of view.
One semester study.
This kit includes:
- The Ocean Book (MasterBooks) by Frank Sherwin, explores the watery world of our globe (description below)
- Patrick Nurre’s monograph with study materials about the geological forces at work in the ocean, and interpreting the oceans from a Biblical perspective, as well as some of the fascinating sea creatures (3-hole drilled)
- Sticker book (This resource may be different, according to availability.)
- Over 40 rock and fossil samples
- Carrying case
The Ocean Book – The oceans may well be Earth’s final frontier. These dark and sometimes mysterious waters cover 71 percent of the surface area of the globe and have yet to be fully explored. Under the waves, a watery world of frail splendor, foreboding creatures, vast mountains, and sights beyond imagination awaits. Now this powerful resource has been developed for three educational levels!
- Grasp a deeper understanding of the ocean tides, waves, and currents
- Explore the vast world of giant squids and other sea “monsters”
- Discover the impact of weather systems and the Great Flood on Earth’s land and seas
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction to the Oceans
- 2. Research and the Deep Oceans
- 3. Physical Characteristics of the Ocean
- 4. Composition of the Oceans’ Waters
- 5. Tides, Waves, and Currents
- 6. Weather
- 7. Harvesting the Ocean
- 8. Marine Life
- 9. Exploring the Coral Reef
- 10. Ocean Vessels & Exploration
- 11. The Genesis Flood