What a great way to explore two subjects the kids just love – oceans, and mysterious deep sea creatures! Kids are most familiar with the great land creatures like Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus. Now, you can study the ocean, while learning about the great creatures of the sea like Megalodon, Plesiosaurus and Mosasaurus. For middle school through high school, this is a wonderful kit for those young inquiring minds to explain these wonders of creation from a Genesis point of view.
One semester study.
This kit includes:
- The Ocean Book (MasterBooks) by Frank Sherwin, explores the watery world of our globe (description below)
- Dragons of the Deep – by Carl Wieland (MasterBooks), a creationist explanation of the creatures of the sea that we know about from their fossils (description below)
- Sticker book
- Patrick Nurre’s 3-ring binder with study materials about the ocean and these creatures
- 55 rock and fossil samples
- Carrying case
The Ocean Book – The oceans may well be Earth’s final frontier. These dark and sometimes mysterious waters cover 71 percent of the surface area of the globe and have yet to be fully explored. Under the waves, a watery world of frail splendor, foreboding creatures, vast mountains, and sights beyond imagination awaits. Now this powerful resource has been developed for three educational levels!
- Grasp a deeper understanding of the ocean tides, waves, and currents
- Explore the vast world of giant squids and other sea “monsters”
- Discover the impact of weather systems and the Great Flood on Earth’s land and seas
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction to the Oceans
- 2. Research and the Deep Oceans
- 3. Physical Characteristics of the Ocean
- 4. Composition of the Oceans’ Waters
- 5. Tides, Waves, and Currents
- 6. Weather
- 7. Harvesting the Ocean
- 8. Marine Life
- 9. Exploring the Coral Reef
- 10. Ocean Vessels & Exploration
- 11. The Genesis Flood
Dragons of the Deep – This one-of-a-kind book will thrill Christians and non-Christians alike, with its emphasis on ancient “sea monsters,” those fearsome and marvelous creatures that once roamed the oceans. From the predator Mosasaurus, called the ocean equivalent of T. Rex, to the gigantic turtle Archelon, the beasts who glided through the planet’s oceans no doubt were the inspiration for ancient sightings by mariners who described fantastic encounters on the open ocean.
Wieland’s riveting text and easy descriptions are complemented by the beautiful full-color illustrations by acclaimed artist Darrell Wiskur. The author provides a thoroughly biblical analysis of them as well, insisting that these “dragons of the sea” came into existence during the creation week as outlined in Genesis.
- Amazing colorful illustrations of sea monsters that actually lived in the oceans
- Come face-to-face with giant sharks that could chomp a fishing boat in a single bite!
- See how huge these colossal creatures really were when compared to familiar objects (like school buses!)
- Learn how and where to find the fossils of these water-dwelling reptiles
- Could some of these menacing monsters still inhabit the oceans today?