Northwest Treasures ~ NorthwestRockAndFossil.com ~ firstname.lastname@example.org ~ 425-488-6848
Introduction to Biblical Geology (High School – Live Online Class)
Would you like some help with that geology class your high schooler is wanting? Patrick Nurre of Northwest Treasures is ready to help with a *LIVE* interactive, online class, Introduction to Biblical Geology, designed for your high school student (grades 9-12). Fourteen weeks, beginning September 13, 2022. Please note: enrollment is limited to 20 participants. (Combine with Practical Geology for a full year’s credit of earth science.)
Instructor: Patrick Nurre, geologist (see more about Patrick Nurre here.)
For: High School (Grades 9-12)
Course description: Fourteen one-hour weekly classes. For the past 200 years, scientists have developed and presented a well-crafted history of earth that involves its own timetable, geological artifacts, and scientific terminology. This now serves to teach that Genesis is myth. In Introduction to Biblical Geology, the student will begin to understand the nature of modern geological thought and its academic language. Study will include vocabulary; the history of modern geology; geological issues surrounding the origin of the universe (including our earth); the Flood of Genesis; the Ice Age; and a Biblical framework for interpreting landforms and rocks. Students will be able to interact with the instructor either via chat or in real-time discussion.
- Bedrock Geology (provided by instructor)
- Genesis Rock Solid (provided by teacher)
- 36 rock, mineral, and fossil specimens (provided by teacher, see below*)
- 3-ring notebook (for printed assignments/handouts and notetaking)
- High-speed internet
- Computer/phone/ipad with camera (for live classes)
Program of Study:
Part 1 (3 weeks) – Covering the history of modern geological thought
Part 2 (3 weeks) – Covering geological issues in the origin of the universe and our Earth
Part 3 (8 weeks) – Covering the subjects of the Genesis Flood, the Ice Age, fossils and rocks in light of a Biblical Geological Framework
- 14 hours of lecture and discussion
- Grade will be based on class attendance, discussion participation, completion of homework assignments, quizzes, and tests.
- Students will be expected to spend 3-4 hours per week in homework, studying for quizzes and tests, completion of geological projects, essays, research, and recording in their lab books.
Cost: $260.00, which includes:
- 2 textbooks: Bedrock Geology, and Genesis Rock Solid, and 36 rock, mineral, and fossil specimens (see below*), value of $115.00
- 14 hours of instruction, $158.00, approximately $11.00/class.
Credit: 1 semester credit. It is up to the parent to determine the standards for credit that exist in their state.
When: Every Tuesday, at 8:30 am PST (11:30 am EST, 10:30 am CST, 9:30 am MST)
Start date: September 13, 2022
End date: December 13, 2022
Parent will need to be available, occasionally, to proctor quizzes/tests.
Enrollment is limited to 20 students.
*Specimens include: Halite, quartz, potassium feldspar, sodium feldspar, calcium feldspar, biotite mica, muscovite mica, olivine, pyroxene, amphibole, magnetite (iron), calcite, jasper, gabbro, granite, volcanic porphyritic rock, basalt, rhyolite, gneiss, fossil limestone, marble, shale, siltstone, sandstone, arkose, conglomerate, breccia, travertine, glacial loess, anthracite, graveyard fossil, fossil fern, dinosaur bone, invertebrate fossil, coal and lignite.
For more information: email@example.com or 425-488-6848