Northwest Treasures ~ NorthwestRockAndFossil.com ~ firstname.lastname@example.org ~ 425-488-6848
Geology for Kids by Rockman Pat, Patrick Nurre, is for grades 4-8, and is designed to introduce them to some of the basic ideas in studying geology, from rock types, to volcanoes to dinosaurs and fossils.
Written from a Young Earth, Global Flood perspective, the textbook includes:
- 22 lessons
- Where the rocks came from
- Minerals and Rock Types
- History of Geology and Earth Science
- The Global Flood
- Ocean geology
- Over 250 color illustrations and pictures, and photographs
- 144 pages
This kit also includes:
- Geology Journal (see below)
- Our signature large samples – 60 rock, mineral and fossil samples (click on pictures above to see representative samples) Most samples are 1.5 inches or larger. All samples are individually bagged, labeled, and color-coded. Samples will be similar to those listed below. Sometimes we are out of stock of a particular sample, but we will always supply you with something of a comparable type.
- Rock-forming minerals: quartz, potassium feldspar, muscovite mica, sodium feldspar, jasper, calcite, calcium feldspar, pyroxene, amphibole, magnetite, biotite mica, olivine
- Rock samples: granite, gabbro, basalt, rhyolite, ash, tuff, volcanic bomb, cinders, gneiss, schist, quartzite, marble, shale, chert, siltstone, sandstone, conglomerate, breccia, limestone, halite, travertine, fossil limestone, chalk, bituminous coal
- Fossils: graveyard fossil, fern, clam, coral, marine reptile fossil, agatized wood, fossil cast/mold, worm tubes, gastrolith, gastropod, sea urchin, ammonite, trilobite, dinosaur bone, fossil mammal bone, leaf fossil, fossil algae, marine fossil from high in the mountains, otodus shark tooth, megalodon tooth, crinoid fossil, dugong bone, fossil fish, fossil fish vertebra
- Oceanic specimens: kimberlite, diabase, peridotite, modern coral and sea shells, white sand, green sand, black sand, magnetic sand
- Carrying case
Samples may vary with each kit, due to availability. We will always do our best to find suitable substitutes.
Want to read a chapter from Geology for Kids or from the Geology Journal? Click on the images below.
Watch a short video about Geology for Kids here.
Click here to order just the textbook, Geology for Kids.
Click here to order just the journal, Geology for Kids, Geology Journal.
Click here to order just the samples for the Geology for Kids study. This is a fabulous collection, and is the best value we have for this size and quality of collection.
In order to expand this kit for younger ages, many parents like to add on any of these books:
- Rocks and Minerals for Little Eyes textbook
- Fossils and Dinosaurs for Little Eyes textbook
- Volcanoes for Little Eyes textbook