Study the Land of Enchantment! New Mexico! This kit gives you the locations to visit, the explanations of the samples, and the rock, mineral, and fossil samples necessary to explore this great state. Designed with middle school through high school in mind, but it is a great family kit, too!
Please note: We do not put a time frame on this study, as it is basically exploratory. If you intend it for high school credit, please consult your state requirements.
This kit includes:
- Rockhounding New Mexico (Although it has an evolutionary perspective, this guide is an excellent source for finding where the rocks are located. It is an indispensable tool in my rockhounding supplies.)
- New Mexico Rocks! (This book also has an evolutionary perspective. But it is a great resource for finding the major geologic sites of New Mexico.)
- Rock Identification Field Guide by Patrick Nurre
- Fossil Identification Field Guide by Patrick Nurre
- 26 rocks, minerals and fossils from New Mexico, individually bagged and labeled. Samples include ribbon bomb, gypsum, selenite, peridot bomb, chrysocolla, travertine, anhydrite, staurolite, malachite, “Pecos diamonds,” vesicular basalt, New Mexico thunder egg, limonite, halite, fossil crinoids, conglomerate, limestone, pyrolusite, claystone, Smithsonite, turquoise, siltstone, copper, galena, sandstone, and sepiolite.
- Patrick Nurre’s monograph covering the main geological features of New Mexico from a Biblical perspective (3-hole drilled)
- Carrying case
We may have to substitute other books for the titles listed above, according to availability. But they will cover similar material.
All prices are in US dollars. For international shipping please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.