Imperfections: Cover printed with a slight blur. Normally sold for $27.00, you can save 33% on this book! Quantities are limited.
Geology and Our National Parks is a wonderful way to study some of the amazing parks and monuments of the US National Park system.
Each park or monument represents a different area of geological study, so while you get a grand overview of these parks, you also get a study of one particular area of geology with each location. And it is all done from a young Earth, global Flood perspective.
This book covers 29 United States national parks and monuments, including:
- Yellowstone National Park (our restless earth)
- Petrified Forest National Park, Hagerman Fossil Beds National Monument, John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, Fossil Butte National Monument, Badlands National Monument ( fossils, preservation, and petrification)
- Mt. Rainier and Mt. Lassen National Parks, (stratovolcanoes and andesite)
- Yosemite National Park (glaciers and the Ice Age)
- Grand Teton National Park (orogeny)
- The five national parks of Utah (Bryce, Canyonlands, Zion, Capitol Reef, Arches (erosion)
- Crater Lake National Park and Newberry Volcano/Caldera National Monument (calderas and rhyolite)
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Craters of the Moon National Monument, Capulin Volcano National Monument, El Malpais National Monument, and Lava Beds National Monument (basalt behavior)
- Glacier National Park (Global warming and climate change: is there a difference?)
- Grand Canyon National Park (deposition and transportation, the power of water)
- North Cascades National Park (rock types and what has been observed)
- Mt. St. Helens National Volcanic Monument (interpretive frameworks and biases)
- Dinosaur National Monument (dinosaurs and the Flood)
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park and Mammoth Caves National Park (caves and chemistry)
The text also includes special sections on understanding deism, and radiometric dating.
Each lesson contains thought questions. A final exam with answers included.
Paperback, full color, 196 pages.
Click on the image to read an excerpt from the book.
Suggested grade range: 6-12
Price includes shipping. For pricing and shipping for areas outside of the US, please contact us at Northwestexpedition@msn.com.