Geology and Our National Parks
This is a wonderful way to study some of the amazing parks and monuments of the US National Park system.
Each park or monument represents a different area of geological study, so while you get a grand overview of these parks, you also get a study of one particular area of geology with each location. And it is all done from a Young Earth, Global Flood perspective.
This one semester study for high school, covers 29 United States national parks and monuments, including:
- Yellowstone National Park (our restless earth)
- Petrified Forest National Park, Hagerman Fossil Beds National Monument, John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, Fossil Butte National Monument, Badlands National Monument (fossils, preservation, and petrification)
- Mt. Rainier and Mt. Lassen National Parks, (stratovolcanoes and andesite)
- Yosemite National Park (glaciers and the Ice Age)
- Grand Teton National Park (orogeny)
- The five national parks of Utah (Bryce, Canyonlands, Zion, Capitol Reef, Arches (erosion)
- Crater Lake National Park and Newberry Volcano/Caldera National Monument (calderas and rhyolite)
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Craters of the Moon National Monument, Capulin Volcano National Monument, El Malpais National Monument, and Lava Beds National Monument (basalt behavior)
- Glacier National Park (Global warming and climate change: is there a difference?)
- Grand Canyon National Park (deposition and transportation, the power of water)
- North Cascades National Park (rock types and what has been observed)
- Mt. St. Helens National Volcanic Monument (interpretive frameworks and biases)
- Dinosaur National Monument (dinosaurs and the Flood)
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park and Mammoth Caves National Park (caves and chemistry)
The text also includes special sections on understanding deism, and radiometric dating.
Each lesson contains thought questions. A final exam with answers included.
Paperback, full color, 196 pages.
Click on the image to read a short selection from the book.
To order the complete kit for Geology and Our National Parks, please click here.
To order just the samples for Geology and Our National Parks, click here.
Printed in the USA.
All prices are in US dollars. For international shipping please contact us at email@example.com or 425-488-6848.