This is our study that uses our national parks as a way to learn geological principles. And now you can have a sample download – FREE! – of one of the lessons. Just put it in you shopping cart, and off you go! (There is no coupon code to enter.) But act now. This free download is only available through April 30, 2020.
Read more about the book below. If you would like to purchase the samples, the book, or the complete kit, see the links at the bottom of the page.
Geology and Our National Parks
This is a wonderful way to study some of the amazing parks and monuments of the US National Park system.
Each park or monument represents a different area of geological study, so while you get a grand overview of these parks, you also get a study of one particular area of geology with each location. And it is all done from a Young Earth, Global Flood perspective.
This book covers 29 United States national parks and monuments, including:
- Yellowstone National Park (our restless earth)
- Petrified Forest National Park, Hagerman Fossil Beds National Monument, John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, Fossil Butte National Monument, Badlands National Monument ( fossils, preservation, and petrification)
- Mt. Rainier and Mt. Lassen National Parks, (stratovolcanoes and andesite)
- Yosemite National Park (glaciers and the Ice Age)
- Grand Teton National Park (orogeny)
- The five national parks of Utah (Bryce, Canyonlands, Zion, Capitol Reef, Arches (erosion)
- Crater Lake National Park and Newberry Volcano/Caldera National Monument (calderas and rhyolite)
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Craters of the Moon National Monument, Capulin Volcano National Monument, El Malpais National Monument, and Lava Beds National Monument (basalt behavior)
- Glacier National Park (Global warming and climate change: is there a difference?)
- Grand Canyon National Park (deposition and transportation, the power of water)
- North Cascades National Park (rock types and what has been observed)
- Mt. St. Helens National Volcanic Monument (interpretive frameworks and biases)
- Dinosaur National Monument (dinosaurs and the Flood)
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park and Mammoth Caves National Park (caves and chemistry)
The text also includes special sections on understanding deism, and radiometric dating.
Each lesson contains thought questions. A final exam with answers included.
Paperback, full color, 196 pages.
Click on the image to read a short selection from the book.
To order the book, Geology and our National Parks, please click here.
To order the complete kit (book and samples) for Geology and Our National Parks, please click here.
To order just the samples for Geology and Our National Parks, click here.
For pricing and shipping for areas outside of the US, please contact us at Northwestexpedition@msn.com.