One of the biggest mysteries for modern geology is how to explain the Ice Age (or ice ages, depending on whom you read). No modern weather scenario develops an ice age. Of course if the Ice Age happened when geologists say it did, then the Bible cannot be true, as the last vestiges of the Woolly Mammoth supposedly died out over 12,000 years ago. And the Bible definitely teaches a young earth. So, where do I turn for another look at this real geologic event in the history of mankind? I have compiled some of the most recent material that will help you and your teen get a grasp on how the Ice Age nicely fits into a straightforward reading of the Book of Genesis.
Please note that this study is set up as a self-guided independent study. If you desire high school credit for it, be sure to check your state guidelines.
- The Weather Book and study guide – Michael Oard (see below); Mr. Oard is perhaps the best resource for understanding what kinds of weather patterns would have produced an Ice Age. He is a retired meteorologist who has a grasp on what a global flood would have meant to our weather patterns.
- The Ice Age – Only the Bible Explains it – DVD featuring Michael Oard (see below), or The Mammoth Site
- Life in the Great Ice Age – Michael Oard (see below); a great kids book making the Ice Age understandable (Mom and Dad, you will enjoy it too)
- Uncovering the Mysterious Woolly Mammoth – Michael Oard (see below).
- Frozen in Time – Michael Oard (see below)
- 3-ring notebook featuring a study of how to use the Biblical Framework to interpret ice age evidence
- Ice Age Study Pack – 5 genuine Ice Age fossils
- Carrying case
Please note that selections for books and DVD’s may vary, depending on availability.
The Weather Book –
- Find out how forecasting is done, what “engine” drives weather on Earth, and why
- Discover the importance and patterns of the jet stream, the global water cycle, and why water runoff is essential to the food chain
- Learn the classifications of clouds, what causes ball lightning, the life cycle of thunderstorms, and amazing weather fact
The Ice Age – Only the Bible Explains it – Meteorologist Michael Oard examines the physical evidence, scrutinizes the secular theories, and shows that only the Bible sufficiently explains the mechanism necessary to produce and sustain the Ice Age.
Life in the Great Ice Age – After Noah’s Flood the earth and its climate were undergoing drastic changes. The stage has been set for the Great Ice Age. Noah’s descendants had to learn how to survive in a strange often hostile land. In part one of Life in the Great Ice Age, we’ll spend summer with Jabeth and his family as they survive a saber-toothed tiger attack, battler cave bear, and go on a woolly mammoth hunt. Part two explains the scientific reasons for the Ice Age: what caused it, and how long it lasted. It answers the question, “Will there be another Ice Age?” Archaeological and fossil finds are also discussed in detail in this exciting book that explains the Great Ice Age from a Biblical perspective.
Uncovering the Mysterious Woolly Mammoth – The questions of what happened at the end of the Ice Age and why the woolly mammoth disappeared have been asked by many. Unfortunately, the answers given are usually in line with an evolutionary world view. Author Michael Oard gives biblically and scientifically sound answers to these relevant questions for young readers in an exciting story of one boy and his family.