Biblical Geology and the Ice Age
One of the biggest mysteries for modern geology is how to explain the Ice Age (or ice ages, depending on whom you read). Geologists are at a loss to agree on an explanation for this world-wide event. Of course if the Ice Age happened when many geologists say it did, then the Bible cannot be true, as the last vestiges of the Woolly Mammoth supposedly died out over 12,000 years ago. And the Bible definitely teaches a young earth. So, where do I turn for another look at this real geologic event in the history of mankind? I have compiled some of the most recent material that will help you and your teen get a grasp on how the Ice Age nicely fits into a straightforward reading of the Book of Genesis.
Please note that this study is set up as a self-guided independent study. If you desire high school credit for it, be sure to check your state guidelines.
- The Weather Book and study guide – Michael Oard (see below); Mr. Oard is perhaps the best resource for understanding what kinds of weather patterns would have produced an Ice Age. He is a retired meteorologist who has a grasp on what a global flood would have meant to our weather patterns.
- Life in the Great Ice Age – Michael Oard (see below); a great kids book making the Ice Age understandable (Mom and Dad, you will enjoy it too)
- Patrick Nurre’s monograph featuring a study of how to use the Biblical Framework to interpret ice age evidence (3-hole drilled)
- Ice Age Study Pack – 5 genuine Ice Age fossils. Fossils include things like mammoth tusk, mammoth bone, mastodon tooth enamel, horse tooth, glyptodon scute, camel bone, buffalo bone, and other samples as they are available.
- Carrying case
Please note that selections for books may vary, depending on availability.
The Weather Book –
- Find out how forecasting is done, what “engine” drives weather on Earth, and why
- Discover the importance and patterns of the jet stream, the global water cycle, and why water runoff is essential to the food chain
- Learn the classifications of clouds, what causes ball lightning, the life cycle of thunderstorms, and amazing weather fact
Life in the Great Ice Age – After Noah’s Flood the earth and its climate were undergoing drastic changes. The stage has been set for the Great Ice Age. Noah’s descendants had to learn how to survive in a strange often hostile land. In part one of Life in the Great Ice Age, we’ll spend summer with Jabeth and his family as they survive a saber-toothed tiger attack, battler cave bear, and go on a woolly mammoth hunt. Part two explains the scientific reasons for the Ice Age: what caused it, and how long it lasted. It answers the question, “Will there be another Ice Age?” Archaeological and fossil finds are also discussed in detail in this exciting book that explains the Great Ice Age from a Biblical perspective.
All prices are in US dollars. For international shipping please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .