Read a review of this kit in The Old Schoolhouse magazine.
Grades 9-12. Bedrock Geology is the heart of the Northwest Treasures Curriculum Project. It has been designed to teach the essentials in Biblical Geology, to impact the faith of young people, and to be cost conscious.
Please note that the kit includes the textbook and samples.
Designed for high school this is a one semester study and features four sections:
- The History of Modern Geology – How we got our modern cultural understanding of geology
- The Origin and Nature of the Earth – The evidence for an intelligent creation and creator
- The Genesis Flood – The turning point in Earth history
- The Ice Age – The little-understood historical period following the Genesis Flood
The kit includes:
- Bedrock Geology textbook, 140 page soft cover color textbook.
- A copy of Patrick Nurre’s book, Genesis – Rock Solid. Read a review of Genesis Rock Solid here.
- Activities to reinforce the concepts presented in the curriculum
- Quizzes, and a final comprehensive exam and answer key.
- A section on helping young minds to understand the complicated subject of radiometric dating. It is my opinion that unless young minds grasp the true nature of radiometric dating and how modern geologists twist it to support their conclusions, their faith will falter or be shipwrecked when confronted with the “science” of radiometric dating.
- 35 large specimens that will help illustrate the concepts of Biblical geology. All samples are individually bagged, labeled, and color-coded.
- Suggestions for further reading.
- Carrying case.
Specimens include: Halite, quartz, potassium feldspar, sodium feldspar, calcium feldspar, biotite mica, muscovite mica, olivine, pyroxene, amphibole, magnetite (iron), calcite, jasper, gabbro, granite, volcanic porphyritic rock, basalt, rhyolite, gneiss, fossil limestone, marble, shale, siltstone, sandstone, arkose, conglomerate, breccia, travertine, glacial loess, anthracite, graveyard fossil, fossil fern, dinosaur bone, invertebrate fossil, coal, and lignite. (See image above for representative samples.)
Click here to purchase just the Bedrock Geology textbook.
Click here to purchase just the samples for this kit.
Would you like to read one of the lessons from Bedrock Geology or Genesis Rock Solid? Just click on the images below.
Printed in the USA.
All prices are in US dollars. For international shipping please contact us at email@example.com or 425-488-6848.
The Northwest Treasures Curriculum Project~Building Faith for a Lifetime of Faith